The death toll from the August 4 bombings in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, has risen to 135, while the number of injured has risen to 5,000. Beirut was rocked by the August 4 bombings as thousands of citizens were busy […]
The death toll from the August 4 bombings in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, has risen to 135, while the number of injured has risen to 5,000.
Beirut was rocked by the August 4 bombings as thousands of citizens were busy with their daily routines.
The bomber struck shortly after noon in front of a Beirut port, damaging an estimated 5 billion.
The blasts destroyed dozens of buildings, severely damaged dozens of vehicles and other installations.
Although the cause of the blasts has not yet been determined, several Egyptian officials said the blasts were caused by the explosion of more than 2,700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate, which had been lying in a port warehouse for six years.
The blasts were so loud that their voices could be heard as far as the Israeli city of Cyprus, and Beirut was declared a disaster area.
At the time when Beirut was rocked by the blasts, Beirut photographer Mohammed Naqib was taking photos of the newlyweds as usual.
Muhammad Naqib was busy shooting photos of 29-year-old bride Asri Siblani and her 34-year-old husband Ahmed Sabih with his cameras and mobile phone.
The video of the bride and groom shot by Mohamed Naqib initially went viral on Lebanese social media and went viral around the world, with people praising the newlyweds’ bravery.
The viral video shows the bride in a white wedding dress taking a photo shoot in the streets of the Harbor area near the port of Beirut.
The short video shows the bride and others suddenly fleeing to safety as Beirut is shaken by the blasts.
The video initially shows the bride taking photos in a very cheerful mood and later she can be seen running with her groom to a safe place in a world of trouble.
After the video of photographer Muhammad Naqib went viral, several broadcasters tried to find out the impressions by talking to the bride and groom, including the photographer.
The bride and groom, who posed for photos, were married before the blasts. Photo: Reuters
News agency Reuters has spoken to the bride and groom’s scary but memorable incident.
Speaking to the news agency, the bride and groom admitted that the blasts were so intense that they became frightened and at the same time expressed happiness that they were safe and sound.
Talking to Euronews, photographer Mohammad Naqib described the wedding photo shoot as memorable and said that he too was disturbed by the intensity of the blasts, which is why he left the wedding photo shoot to shoot the devastation caused by the blasts. Had started
He also praised the courage of the bride and groom to be present at the photo shoot despite the blasts and said that they were given the opportunity by Asri and Ahmed.